Are You Brushing Your Teeth the Right Way?
Brushing your teeth the right way is one of the foundations of your teeth and gums being in good shape. Here at our Central Georgia dental practice, we noticed that most of our first-time patients are not even aware of the proper techniques of brushing their teeth. Let’s find out about these techniques below!
- Begin by placing your toothbrush at approximately 45 degree angle to your gums.
- Move your toothbrush gently in a back-and-forth motion.
- Start with the outer surfaces then proceed to the inner surfaces and the chewing surfaces.
- Tilt the toothbrush vertically to clean the inside surfaces of your mouth with an up-and-down stroke.
- Finally, brush the farthest part of your tongue to stave off bacteria-causing bad breath.
In addition, the American Dental Association (ADA) recommends that you brush twice a day for at least 3 minutes. Furthermore, your toothbrush should be replaced by the time the bristles are frayed and worn out, that’s approximately every 3 to 4 months.
For more information on habits that promote optimum oral health, call us at 478.923.0232 or fill out this contact request form to set up an initial consultation. We look forward to your visit!