Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants are an optimal solution for replacing missing or unsavable teeth. They have many benefits over other forms of tooth replacement like traditional dentures and bridges:
- Implant-supported teeth look, act and feel like natural teeth. People don’t usually notice any difference between their natural teeth and their dental implants.
- Implants are the strongest and longest-lasting tooth replacement solution. They can last a lifetime with just normal maintenance and care.
- Implants let you talk and chew just like natural teeth.
- Implants don’t require alteration of adjacent, healthy teeth as traditional dental bridges do.
- Implant-supported teeth are stable and will not shift or come loose like traditional dentures.
- Without the need for the false plate that a traditional upper denture has, implant-supported dentures allow patients to speak normally and be better able to taste their food.
- Implants have a very high success rate, especially when placed using cutting-edge 3D technology.
- Bone loss occurs as a result of leaving teeth unreplaced and wearing dentures (as shown in this illustration). Dental implants stop bone loss in the jaw, preserving bone density and avoiding a prematurely aged appearance.